Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2008 Escalde 6.2 V8 - When going in reverse, while backing

Customer Question

2008 Escalde 6.2 V8 - When going in reverse, while backing up a trailer, everything was fine. Then the trailer wheels hit the concrete pad going up into the garage and the truck did not want to reverse anymore. I pulled forward, on flat ground, tried to back up again and it did not want to go... If the revs were up high enough it would move slowly. No High Temps displayed for tranny temp - No clunking.. After dumping off trailer, drove for a mile or two and put in reverse everything was fine. ????????? Drove in reverse up my steep drive and no problems. No problem when in drive.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

How much does your trailer weigh?

Describe what you did prior to backing up to the garage, was there a hill climb, alot of reverse use?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Small 3,000 pound max trailer - Just have a 2 person razor on it. No hill to climb. I just put truck in reverse started backing up and when I got to the pad it would not push up on to the pad and into the garage. This has happened twice. I had it happen one other time with no trailer. Just tried to back up and it was like it did not go into gear.

I do not know if its needed but here is a file of what occurs to achieve reverse.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/08escalade.pdf

I believe there is not damage to the reverse clutch yet that means an overhaul is needed. My next approach would be removing the valve body to inspect the valves and check balls for a concern there that is effecting the fluid pressure flow.

.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 29 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris