Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a 2015 Cad. XTS There is a section of the touch

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Cad. XTS There is a section of the touch screen that does not respond. the area that is dead is the most used one for the music, gps etc. Most PC touch screens have a method to re-calibrate the touch screen when hitting the area with your finger does not respond. Dealer says it is a massive problem with the ATS, CTS but sure about my XTS luxury edition. Mechanic (dealer mech.) says it has to be replaced and the problem is so wide spread it will take 8 weeks to order a new one???
JA: Is the device aftermarket, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: no, it is the standard that comes with the vehicle. it operates the music, phone, GPS etc.
JA: Are you fixing your XTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing, except taking it to the dealer. I don't know how to recalibrate it that is why I am talking to you
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

HERE is the manual on the system. Page 97 has the calibration instructions. If that doesnt work the dealer is right.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the information you gave me is incorrect. page 97 of the manual you sent must be for a different vehicle. Page 97 in my owners manual and infotainment manual are totally different than the one you sent. Instructions are incomplete as well. It asks you to select Mode button on the touch screen, there is no Mode button on mine
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 27 days ago.

I apologize. I havent been around the last few days. Do you still need help with this?