Cary York
Cary York,
Experience:  Auto Tech at Certified Auto Repair
94946450

Cadillac DeVille With Odd Electrical Issues.

Customer Question

2004 Cadillac DeVille is experiencing odd electrical issues such as the trunk intermittently not opening with the remote or the interior trunk release, cruise control cutting out when I turn on the wipers, the traction control not working intermittently and the drivers side electric seat not working intermittently.
I suspect a ground fault but am unsure as to how to fix it. I have tried silicone spray or WD-40.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried swapping the battery with a known good battery just to see if that made a difference. It did not
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I read the codes from the computer and they were just minor stuff like PDM B3832,
DDM B3832 and IPM . I also get IPC U1000 the las 2 data link malfunction. I also have had the "check electrical system" message
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

At your rear fuse box locate the black power feed cable that comes in and powers the entire rear fuse panel and see if it is loose or corroded or even damaged in any way.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi PeteYes I have checked the fuse panel and the wiring to it and the wiring going away from it.
All seem to be in good condition, there is no corrosion.It is still the original battery and the fume removal hoses were all in tactI have swapped out some of the relays and it makes no difference to the the weirdness.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Ok, my diagrams are somewhat limited on this model here so its hard to say for sure which component is the cause.
Others here may be able to assist further on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am of the understanding that a Cadillac mechanic is researching my issue and will be getting back to me if he can find a solution.
So I will wait before I provide any rating.
Please don't send me any more reminders until after the mechanic contacts me with a solution
Thank you