Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Have had issue's with stability error and abs error codes

Customer Question

Have had issue's with stability error and abs error codes coming on. Found broken off wires on one wheel sensor. Replaced sensor, but errors would come back on once in a while. When it was damp outside, I engaged the brake, the abs enacted but did not brake. I coasted through an intersection.. I have since installed new motor mounts because of vibration. It did help a little. What I am worried about is whether the brakes will fail again if it gets damp outside again. It was not really raining much at all. The tire tread is very good.
JA: Have you checked the freon? And do all the fuses have power? It's hard to know for sure. The Cadillac Mechanic will figure it out. What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: I have not checked all the fuses. If there is a problem there ,I would guess it would probably be a suspect / bad connection. The air runs cold ,but I have not checked the Freon. I would have never guessed Freon could have anything to do with it.
JA: What year is your Cadillac?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have been fixing the car myself. I have a medical business, but the building I have has three car lifts in it from the previous tenant. I have a semi ? mechanic that works for me who is helping with it. We have changed a rear wheel sensor that the wires were broken off . We replaced the carrier bearing and rubber hanger. We replaced the motor mounts. They did not look like they needed replacing, but most of the vibration is gone. What I do worry about is whether the stability code comes back on if it is raining. I do notice that the car wants to pull to the right a little if I take my hands off the wheel
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Cadillac Mechanic will figure it out. Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

What codes are you getting? Thanks.