TODD RUZICKA
TODD RUZICKA,
Experience:  Service Consultant at Main Motor Chevrolet
95998009

My husband did the oil change and wanted to reset oil life

Customer Question

my husband did the oil change and wanted to reset oil life he could not get it to reset know everything is not right with my CUE settings. ie. temperature is reading 16 instead of actual degrees: its all in km instead of miles, door locks do not lock on its own need to do with remote and so forth a huge problem very upset i will bring my srx into service in the future.k hope you can help my dilema thank you
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: yesterday and tried to reset
JA: What is the model of your '16 Cadillac?
Customer: checking to make sure its a 2015
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: this is his first attempt doing anything to car
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: let me just get the accurate year thank you srx 4 2015
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  TODD RUZICKA replied 7 months ago.

Hi and thank you for the question. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you're having. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. It sounds like your husband accidentally changed some of your personal settings instead of resetting the oil change light / message. To his defense, it is a little complicated. Even a little too complicated to explain over the phone or chat. The good news, I need to tell you is, this is a very easy and minor fix. What I would recommend is going to your local Cadillac dealer (no appointment needed for such a thing). Have them show you how to reset your personal settings AND the oil change light. I've performed this resetting several times and it's always best to do this in person to show the primary driver how to reset or set these comfort features. And, in the future, don't let him touch it lol. I'm kidding but its not the first time this has happened. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I thank you for getting back to me I will have him call you tomorrow. It will be a problem getting to a Cadillac dealerI'm working and I need my car. I will have him call you tomorrow. Thanks

You are very welcome. Let me know if I can help further.