Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

I purchased a vehicle that was in flood water.. this vehicle

Customer Question

I purchased a vehicle that was in flood water.. this vehicle stick cranks up but it runs very roughy.. it shakes and sputters and that is the best way I can explain it.. I have had someone plug up the diagnostic machine to and it states that all cylinders are misfiring.. he told me to go purchase the coils and spark plugs for the vehicle.. I wanted to get some feedback on this issue
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 4 months ago.

Usually when a vehicle is in a flood, the coil holes get full of water which can cause a misfire. Also, the spark plugs could be fouled from the water. It would be a good idea to change out all of that or at minimum make sure its dry. After that, if it is still misfiring, it is likely there is another issue from the flooding with the wiring harness and connectors and will be very hard to fix.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating me 3 stars or higher or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.