mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

I have service suspension system light on, no, 2009 cadillac

Customer Question

i have service suspension system light on
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Cadillac Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2009 cadillac escalade esv
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade ESV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my mechanic replaced rear shocks yesterday and today this message came on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: one side of the vehicle is lower
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  mike switzer replied 1 month ago.

either one of the air lines was damaged during install or the suspension compressor has gone bad. the compressors are common to fail. i have replaced so many i have lost count. but if he just replaced the rear shocks then i would bet a line was damaged or came undone.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
does the compressor make any noise that i should hear?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

it is pretty quite normally it is located near the rear left wheel so if you have the car on but not running you should be able to hear it if your outside the vehicle and crouched by the rear left wheel.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
could it be the front shocks too? could they be bad?

they could be but i wouldnt immediately assume so if the error message popped up next day from the shop. what corner of the vehicle is lower than the other?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
driver side.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
rear driver side.

then i would say your front shocks are fine. but the rear left is the one with the issue. the system is independent. meaning each shocks has its own line. i bet the line is either damaged or disconnected. and the compressor is probably fine if only one corner is sagging. i would take it back to the shop and have them inspect it to make sure all the lines are connected.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Mike I had my mechanic check the air hoses and they are OK, I also asked him to see if the compressor is working I started the car while he was touching the compressor but he didn't feel any movement or noise, what do you think,

sounds like the compressor has gone bad. i apologize for the late response i have had internet problems the past couple days.

i would replace ythe compressor.