Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Touch screen doesnt respond to touching. tried hard reset

Customer Question

touch screen doesnt respond to touching. tried hard reset and it didnt work either
JA: Is the device aftermarket, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: came withmy 2013 cadillac srx
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried hard reboot. open cue door,turn engine off, opendrivers door 30-60 sec. and close drivers door and cue door
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still waiting on an answer how to fix touch screen doesnt respond to touching on 2013 srx cadillac.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually this is due to a fault with the screen itself.I have seen the touchscreen fail internally electronically needing replaced for this issue here unfortunately.It does sound like you tried to reset it with no success.In some cases the nearest GM dealer can check and perform any updated programming to resolve this but usually the screen itself is the fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete