1. On the left rear bumper down low there is a small square painted the same color as the bumper. It has a small a seam that runs around it.
2. Sit on the ground behind the car for ease of access.
3. Take your hard key out of it's slot in your key FOB 2007 through 2009 or locate the back up key for 2004 through 2006 models.
4. Take your fingernail and carefully locate the small gap at the bottom of the square.
5. Then gently insert the tip of your key in the slot and pry up the square to expose the hard key hole behind the bumper.
6. Carefully at first insert the key in the key hole and carefully and very slowly turn the key as far as it will go to the right. (Here's a place where some WD-40 should be applied for on-going preventive maintenance while you are in there).
7. Then manually (it's heavy since there is no motor assist and you are fighting the fluid in the trunk shocks) and slowly raise the trunk assembly as far open as you can while sitting and then stand up and raise it up as far as it it will go.
8. Locate a small access panel about 2" high and 4" long on the lower left side of the top storage area wall just behind the top and luggage separater panel and close to the bottom of the compartment. It tucks into the carpet at the bottom and folds upward.
9. Open it gently by folding it upward and you will see a small "T" handle.
10. Pull the "T" handle gently to the rear of the car (its attached to a cable that is attached to the door).
11. The drivers door will pop open.
12. You can then gain access and see if any lights are on whatsoever. In my case NOPE!!!
13. Locate the Hood opening lever on the left side of the dash.
14. Pull the lever and open the hood. Then go to the front of the car and located the hood safety latch, slide it open and raise the hood.
15. Look for the battery at the right rear (PASSENGER SIDE) of the engine compartment.
16. Attach your Battery Tender or Hot Shot after taking the necessary precautions. wait for quite awhile even over night.
17. When the car has enough charge, START THE CAR AND LEAVE IT RUNNING.
18. Re index your windows while the door are closed --a requirement. You CAN do this by pushing the up window button until the window is all the way up and holding it for 3-5 seconds. This is very important so that the windows "drop" when the door is opened to allow the glass not to hit the top when you close the door.
19. Close the door and put the window down with the car still running and in park of course.
18. Open and re close the trunk so that it is properly secured.
19. Carefully insert the bumper tab back into the bumper where it belongs.
20. Drive the car to the dealer or your favorite battery store and see if they will test the battery to see if it is worth saving or replace it while you are there.