Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Cadillac sls 2001 battery light on, abs light on, fuel gauge

Cadillac sls 2001 battery light on, abs light on, fuel gauge not working, temperature gauge not working, sensors like temp. poutside, miles to go, etc not working. Battery is ok, just tetses by AAA. Alternator is new, less than two months. What is going on?
JA: I'm good. And you?
Customer: Seville
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Just ABS
JA: Are you fixing your STS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: SLS
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really. Last time it happened two month ago or so replaced alternator and everything fine until now

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • So far this looks to be a instrument cluster failure. Will it start?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The car starts. You say it is a cluster failure. Can you expand on your answer? And what do I need to do to get the problem fixed and what is your estimate of the cost. Thank you.

Use a scan tool and access the instrument cluster inputs. If the cluster is seeing the correct results but not showing the correct results then the cluster will need to be replaced and the replacement programmed to the car. At a dealer about a 800$ repair.

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The cluster is the instrument panel correct? http://www.ebay.com/itm/311615814765

The instrument cluster has the gauges in it. The instrument panel is everything in front of the driver and front passenger. The ebay item is a cluster.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK. So I need to perform the test you suggested and if it shows that the cluster is bad, then I can buy a cluster like the ebay one and have it installed correct.

All of that is correct