Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Receiving messages Check Battery charging system, It doesn't

Customer Question

receiving messages Check Battery charging system
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: It doesn't appear to be leaking, i would have to go out and check it. In addition, I'm getting a message "Check the tire monitoring system and Check the Stabilizer System."
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2007 Escalade EXT
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade EXT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just bought the vehicle about a week ago. I must say the owner before put 26" rims on it. That may have something to do the tire monitoring, only a guess.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all i can think of at this time. I love my truck, please give some advice that want cost me a lot of money. I lost my previous vehicle in the flood.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The check battery charging indicates a fault is detected with a low voltage issue.This can be the alternator or battery itself at fault or loose or corroded cables at or leading to the battery.With a low voltage issue this will also cause the tire monitor and the check stabilizer fault you see as they will set fault codes for low voltage.

I would have the battery and alternator tested as well as the battery cables for any issues.A local parts store will test/check these at no charge to you if you drive your vehicle to one of the parts stores.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete