Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have 2007 Cadillac dts performance series i woke up this

Customer Question

I have 2007 Cadillac dts performance series i woke up this morning with alarm going off then i went to cut it off and it stop couple hours later i went to get in go battery dead so i called roadside and got a jump. Car started i let it run for 30 min cut it off and on no problem so I leave in the car and stop to have battery check and they said its fine so i driving down the road car just stall and i pulled over and it will not start so it was a nearby chevy dealer had it towed in their they couldn't figure why it won't start so im having towef to.Cadillac dealer ive been having problems with alarm going off and no one around the car and the car only got 87000 miles on it do you have any suggestions.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Did they check the charging system when they checked the battery?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
they said it was gine but as i was driving my volt meter on the dash drop done to 12.4 and the guy at chevy dealer said i need a new engine but the car was running fine just had a fresh oil change and oil was full so i know engine can't be bad car was driving then just shut off

Sorry for the delay. I had to step out.

Did the guy at the dealer actually see the vehicle or was he just going off your description of it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He had the vehicle for the last 2 days

And did he tell you WHY he thinks its a bad engine?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He had my car for 3 days and he said battery and alternator came back good but how can you check a alternator if car doesn't start.

You can't.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just like i thought its something electrical cause the car was going down the fine then it cut off

Well that isnt entirely true. You can but you would have to remove it from the car and bench test it. I highly doubt he did that and I dont even know how that ties in to the engine being bad. A good battery and alternator doesnt make a bad engine. Addition by subtraction is a quick way to get a bad diagnoses. Do you have a multimeter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No but my question is if im have problems withe my factory security system want that shut down the engine for anti theft

The immobilizer will keep the engine from starting. It will NOT kill the engine if its already running.