Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics
18617752

I need to replace the radiator on my Cadillac SRX 2005 V8.

Customer Question

Hi, I need to replace the radiator on my Cadillac SRX 2005 V8. Do I need to remove the front bumper and grill??
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has any work ever been done on the radiator?
Customer: 85000 mls, no work has ever been done on the radiator
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No a mechanic is. Nothing just checked the lekkage and waiting for a new radiator
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today.

On this vehicle, there is no need to remove the bumper and grill to replace the radiator. The radiator cooling fans will need to be removed first. This will require the lower deflector shield (splash guard) be removed to gain access to the fan lower mounts. The A/C condenser will then need to be unmounted and re-positioned aside for easier working room access. Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer? Did you find my answer helpful and informative?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

..