Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2006 XLR Battery is dead and the key cylinder on the back

Customer Question

My 2006 XLR Battery is dead and the key cylinder on the back bumper is not working . How do I open hood with no power to open doors and the key cylinder not working ?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Battery is dead
JA: Are you fixing your XLR yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: When I found the remote would not open the doors do to the dead battery , I tried the key cylinder on the rear bumper and that is not opening trunk .
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No other then how I can get hood open or power to charge battery without opening hood
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Scotch the rear wheels, raise the front off the ground. Connect a hot jumper cable or charger lead to the large wire on the starter or alternator and the black to the chassis. This will power the battery.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not able to jack up the XLR high enough do to the fact it sits so low to the ground . I did see on line were another guy had the same problem and he trickle charged from the radiator cooling fan by on plugging the weather strip , I got the weather stripe off but can't figure out how to get the positive to tie in .

Can you not jack it up, then place a stand or another jack under while on a block or board?

Are you asking which wire is the battery positive wire at the radiator fan connector?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris