Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

It will go forward but not in reverce, 2007 dts, I was going

Customer Question

it will go forward but not in reverce
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2007 dts
JA: Are you fixing your DTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was going to take it too the dealer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 21 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Step one is to check the fluid to see if its burnt showing an odor and discolor. If so then you know there is a clutch(s) burnt and for sure overhaul is needed. If the fluid is good then it can be can be a clutch pressure seal failure or a concern in the valve body. Normally when you lose a gear 80% of the time overhaul is needed to fix it, it is rare to be a concern in the valve body or electrical. One other thing that does need to be checked is the linkage to make sure the computer is seeing the correct gear your selecting so it can control the pressure and solenoids correct.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 15 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris