Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Starting off from a dead stop it hesitates, not all the time

Customer Question

Starting off from a dead stop it hesitates, not all the time but its getting worst, and its like the signal gets interupted from the accellerator to the throttlebody?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Its an accelleration problem?
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2003 escalade esv 6.0 litre
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade ESV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The truck runs and drives like new, has no issues or lights on,on the dash,no check engine or codes, its like the gas peddal is bad?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has a hesitation when stating off not at any other speeds? Other then that the truck runs great?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1-what is the mileage

2- has it been tuned up

3- clean your mass air flow sensor with mass air flow cleaner

4- CKP sensors & mass air flow sensor are bad about acting up and NOT THROW A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did everything, nothing changed, you give the car gas, it takes off great but has a flat spot, then clears up and goes? Does it almost every take off????

hey how are you

I m not sure on this I will opt out of the question and let another expert help on it ,they may have better info on it than me \

Chad

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** appreciate it asap. Thanks again.

ok no problem ,please don't answer back to me since it will lock the question back to me , i will opt out again ,just wait anither expert will pick it up

if you answer me back it will lock question back to me and they can t see it

Thanks

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. I see you still need some assistance? if it's just on take off It's quite posibly the tps switch has developed a flat spot in it . I'll try and find a check you can do if your handy to do so. Does it do this hot or cold , or doesn't matter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It doesnt matter, the flat spot occures at about 10 to15 miles an hour, the truck dies and a few seconds later is normal again until next take off?

I read your statement avove and this sounds just what a tps sensor would do , so as I suggest to have that TPS (THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR ) CHECKED AS YOU COME OFF IDLE AS YOU WOULD BE DOING AROUND 10 TO15 MILES AN HOUR IT HITS A FLAT SPOT AND LOOSES COMMUNICATION WITH THE ECU, HENCE THE HESITATION AND DYING.