Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet

I have 2007 cadillac escalade giving me codes u0101 and

Customer Question

i have 2007 cadillac escalade giving me codes u0101 and p0057 codes the dealership is stomped
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: U0101 and P0057
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: everything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
There's no check engine light on.. the transmission module harness is dry and not warn out... so at this point i have no idea what to do?
Expert:  Jared D replied 20 days ago.

Are you getting any other symptoms? When the U0101 is set it usually throws the transmission into limp mode. Is yours shifting like normal or does it seem to be in limp mode?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Gas Mileage is horrible, and it doesn't shift normal at all
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Very hard to accelerate, when traveling at high speeds.... you can still hear the engine pushing hard to accelerate
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jared D replied 20 days ago.

Clear the code and see if it only returns with an ignition key cycle. Inspect the wiring to the transmission connector for backed out wires or poor connections.

If so, verify the transmission is getting 12 volts key on power on the Pink wire as soon as the key is turned on. Also check for 12 volts on the Dark Blue wire from the Body Control Module (BCM).

If OK, reprogram the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) and retest. If the TCM has good voltage then it sounds like the EBCM is not communicating correctly.

Expert:  Jared D replied 20 days ago.

The transmission hasn't been replaced recently right?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Another thing it wouldn't start either... the mechanic took out the starter and cleaned it
Expert:  Jared D replied 20 days ago.

That's odd. Might be related, might not. If the only trouble codes you are getting are the u0101 and p0057 I would say the starter issue is probably not related.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
We have inspected the wiring to the transmission connector and tested. And you're saying reprogram the EBCM
Expert:  Jared D replied 20 days ago.

I would make sure both the TCM and EBCM have the latest reflash. The code is designated for a EBCM communication problem, but the TCM programming will set this code as well.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
at this point i'm confused.... because i'm dealing with a mechanic that think he knows everything
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
do you reflash with a tech 2 scanner?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Expert:  Jared D replied 20 days ago.

Sorry, one of my techs pulled me out in the shop for a question.

You should be able to reflash with a tech 2 if it has the latest updates.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
if this doesn't solve the problem?
Expert:  Jared D replied 20 days ago.

Then I would start questioning whether there is an internal short in the EBCM or a problem in the TCM/transmission. It's hard to speculate a mechanical problem when all you have is a couple of communication codes though.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
theres a tech that can do reflashes i just need to make sure he has the latest updates... how can I find this out?
Expert:  Jared D replied 20 days ago.

The tech should know. Here at my shop we pay a monthly subscription and the scan tool tells us when it's up to date.

I'm leaving the shop for the day. I'll check back in later to see if you need more info.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
yeah I don't know what to do, because some people said that the reflash didn't do anything
Expert:  Jared D replied 19 days ago.

The reflash didn't do anything on other vehicles or on yours? If a reflash was performed on a vehicle with a bad transmission it wouldn't do anything, but that vehicle would likely have had additional trouble codes, p0700 p0720 p0730 or similar. It doesn't seem - from looking at your trouble codes- that you have a mechanical problem in your transmission. It seems like a programming issue. It could still have mechanical faults, but you can't be sure until the communication issues are narrowed out.

Expert:  Jared D replied 14 days ago.

Hi, do you still need help with this?

If not, please don't forget to rate.