rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

My CTS won't start. I did the disconnect battery and then

Customer Question

My CTS won't start. I did the disconnect battery and then taped the two leads together for 2 minutes like it says to do in the just answer primer I was reading when this message came up.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: I bought a new battery and installed it. I charged it for an hour at 10 amps and it is now on trickle charge at 2 amps. I believe it is fully charged.
JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: See above.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Now I am trying to train my key doing the 11 minute on/20 second off scenario, but it didn't work the first time so I started over by disconnecting the battery and then starting the key training again. I will know in a minute of that worked, I'm on the third sequence. I'll be back in a minute.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Key came out and Theft Safety light is now off. Tried to start the car, but even though the solenoid clicks, the engine doesn't turn over.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 17 days ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 17 days ago.

If the battery has past a load and specific gravity test and the cables are good, then you need to check the starter for excessive draw.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I figured that out already. I wanted to know if I could do anything else myself. I''love have to have it towed to a dealer and have it fixed. Sorry you couldn't help me.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 17 days ago.