Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2003 Cadillac Deville DTS-Air condition. ... I hear a

Customer Question

2003 Cadillac Deville DTS-Air condition. ... I hear a "clicking" noise in the dash and then the cabin air. ... Air blown from the ducts is cold, but it is not blowing from the dashboard ... front vents do not work, a/c is blowing through the defrost and floor ...
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

It sounds like the mode door actuator is not moving, (just slipping gears). The dash has to come out to replace it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Jerry - I have already come to that conclusion and I am looking for detailed instruction concerning which actuator so that I can pre-purchase the replacement, a step-by-step instruction on removing the defective actuator, a step-by-step instruction on installing the new actuator and a step-by-step instruction on calibration programming after new actuator installation. The internet and youtube is loaded with conflicting opinions. I respect your expertise and if the premium service offer meets these needs then I am ready. Does the premium PDF file have illustrations and text? Is the $10 fee in additions to the $5 plus $28 fee? Please advise. Thank you, Herman
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

I can't say for any videos that are out there on the internet. The instructions do have diagrams and we are not allowed to discuss money with customers, thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am looking for detailed instruction concerning which actuator so that I can pre-purchase the replacement unit, a step-by-step instruction on removing the defective actuator, installing the new actuator and calibration programming after new actuator installation. Please advise on how best to proceed. Thanks.
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you