sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a 2000 Cadillac Deville DHS. All of a sudden the rear

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Cadillac Deville DHS. All of a sudden the rear driver side door has lost all power (locks and windows). Where do I start to try and figure out what has happened. All other doors work fine.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 29 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The most likely cause for a loss of everything at once would be a wiring issue. When you open the door you will see a black rubber boot between the door and body. This is where the wiring from the door runs to the main harness. This wiring flexes each time the door is opened and closed and can eventually break, causing a loss of electrical items in the door. The first thing I would recommend is inspecting the wiring in the boot for breaks.