Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Two things. Passenger window won't go back up. Actuator on

Customer Question

two things. Passenger window won't go back up. Actuator on drivers side is not allowing air to come through dash vents. You can hear it "clicking" for about 20 seconds when starting the car. Sounds like it is behind the radio on the drivers side.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: About 2 months. I have found many other people having the same problem. The clicking is in the dash, somewhere behind the radio. I have been told it is the vent actuator and that this is pretty common. The actuator may have a broken tooth on the cog that moves the airflow through different vents.
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2002 Deville
JA: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, he has been under the dash, and took the front of the radio out on the passenger side as we were told this was the most common actuator to go out. It is the drivers side actuator we believe. No air will come through the dash vents. The floor blows like crazy and you can get some defrost air. The passenger side dash vents let a little air through, but not much, and none comes through the driver dash vents.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am also trying to locate how to remove front passenger door panel, as the window went down today, and now will not go back up.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • We are only permitted to help on one concern per post. Can you check the window motor by removing the door panel and remotely powering and grounding the motor?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris