Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

I have a 2004 cadilac srx 3.6 and sometimes it won't start

Customer Question

I have a 2004 cadilac srx 3.6 and sometimes it won't start or crank. Also I noticed that the check engine light barely lights up as you turn the switch to run & then goes out. If I scan it I have no communication with the engine but can communicate with everyone else & every one is complaining about the ECM. Also if I jump the starter it will start & stay running & the check engine light will stay running & it will now start norm
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok thanks I'll be waiting

ECM is a major issue , that is correct and you might need replacement

But first unplug the ECM ( I sent a picture location) inspect the electrical connector and look for any backed out pins not making a good contact ,burned & melted wires on connector , get some electrical contact cleaner and spray in between the connector & the ECM.

when changing the ecm you will needed programmed by dealer to work.

or you can send yours in for a rebuild . ALLCOMPUTERRESOURCES.COM . is a good website ,where you send yours in ,you supply the vin # and mileage & they send it back to you ,and it will plug & play ,no dealer programming needed .

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I already replaced with used one and tried a few and all do the same thing.
Be honest I personal have not had luck with used ones ,most are bad,good thing about sending it in,they will test and if it is good they will only charge 65 and send it back to you,if bad they rebuild it .
Where u able to communicate with any of the exam you replaced used ?