Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Our 2006 escalade has a hesitation at times after you stop

Customer Question

our 2006 escalade has a hesitation at times after you stop at a stop sign and take off. It is almost as tho your foot slips off the excellerator and it is not getting fuel. This does not happen every time. What could be causing this problem?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: No not a gas hod. it starts fine as usual
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't know what to do to fix it. I ran some injection cleaner through it and it may have helped a little but has not completely fixed it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything else that would pertain to this issue.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

any check engine light on ?

has been tuned up ?

what is the mileage ?

if you ran some fuel injector and you felt it is getting better , look into a fuel pressure check

you need to see 60 psi or higher on the fuel pump

MAF sensor and crank shaft sensors are common failure , but I will be guessing , can you have it scanned and post the codes back here for me .

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no engine light onjust purchased vehiclemileage 88,000ok I will do this and get back with you. Thank you so much

yes please do that , you will need star Gm or equivalent scanner to communicate with engine module

even if there is no check engine light there might be pending codes

I m online daily from 10 till late ,so just let me know

reply back here when ready , save a link of this page in your bookmark, when you ready for me

past the link in the address bar and it will open up the conversation again between us

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

These are the exact specs for cadi on fuel pressure

2006 Cadillac Truck Escalade EXT V8-6.0L VIN N

Fuel Pressure (Key ON, Engine OFF).......................385-425 kPa (55-62 psi)