Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I reset the oil life now it will not shift out of park, The

Customer Question

I reset the oil life now it will not shift out of park
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: The Stabiltract light is on it was low on fluid I added fluid
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2007 Escilade
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to get it driving I leave town tomorrow and will have my wife take it in
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this time
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

With the brake applied do the rear lights illuminate?

Are you just wanting to get it drive able to get it to a shop or diagnose and repair yourself?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The brake lights do come on. The shifter will come forward but then you move it up and down and it stayes in park

Since the shifter handle will move but the trans stays in park then means the shift linkage between the shifter and trans has popped off or is broken. an you watch the shift linkage connection on the trans while another moves the shifter?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris