Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics
18617752

How many hours should it take to replace a purge solenoid

Customer Question

how many hours should it take to replace a purge solenoid and #3 ignition coil? what are the specified allotted times for this work?
JA: Have you checked the battery lately?
Customer: yes. sorry its is a 2007 cts 3.6l
JA: What is the model of your '07 Cadillac?
Customer: cts
JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not sure yet - looked at some videos - but was trying to decide if have ASE mechanic do tte work depending on labor cost
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: some other codes indicated there may be intermittent misfire of other cylanders
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today.

Give me a minute to load in your vehicle and get the information you requested. Be right back.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

The Labor Time Guide calls for .5hr to replace the EVAP Purge Solenoid and 1.8 hours to replace ignition coil #3. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can be anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for answering your question.