Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

I have a 2013 Cadillac SRX and my CUE system no longer

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Cadillac SRX and my CUE system no longer responds to touchscreen. The apps are still there, the screen is lit up, by back up camera works fine, but touching it does nothing now. and I am no longer covered under warranty. My dealership says a new one is $1500, with installation, which I just can't afford. Is there a place to get perhaps a used one, or a way to purchase a new one for less?
JA: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: came with the vehicle, Sir.
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only the hard reset and checked the fuse.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope. I have no issues whatsoever. updates show up on the bottom of the screen as well, or when a favorite song is playing, but the 'touch' just doesn't work.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most likely it has failed needing replaced as this can be common.In some cases you can locate a used one at a salvage yard or an online salvage yard web site like this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete