tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  own's repair shop 25yrs

2005 deville DHS replaced tcc seliond in side cover because

Customer Question

2005 deville DHS replaced tcc seliond in side cover because trans was shifting hard and had code now torque converter will not lockup when it goes to overdrive
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  tim's auto repair replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

does the engine light stay on now?can you give me the trouble codes?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tcc code is gone. Then it said torque torque converter not locked up or shut off

can you give me the code number you get please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Now my air bag light is on

is it full of fluid?is it low?..low fluid will cause this problem

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thought the same thing changed filters and fluid

it is possible that the new tcc solenoid is bad and may need to be replaced again,,it did work with the old one.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help