Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Just did a replacment of the original radiator and I was

Customer Question

Just did a replacment of the original radiator and I was wondering if the passenger side of the radiator that I recieved was almost to spect but not quite, however it has all the same fitting ports and hose mounts and now that I am finished I forgot to take a picture of it before I started cause now I'm wondering if anything hooks up to the threaded ports on the passenger side. As of right now I have them covered with the plastic caps that came with it cause I see no lines to hook up. Am I good to proceed to add coolant and test fire?
JA: Has the car been overheating? Have you noticed any leaks?
Customer: No overheating of the original, something got picked up from the road and sliced between the fan and radiator causing a leak and need to replace. Now that everything is mounted , I'm stumped on the ports on the passenger side of the radiator. I haven't even poured coolant in let alone run it yet.
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS
JA: Are you fixing your Seville yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am. I have completed the replacement and want to be sure the ports on the passenger side aren't supposed to have lines attatched to them or are they ok capped?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Everything else has attatched without much trouble. What's supposed to be over those line fittings though?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 5 months ago.

So I know exactly what you have to work with and I can see what you are having a problem with, can you send me a pic of the ports you are talking about please?