Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

My 2013 cadillac ats radio screen turned black, the ac

Customer Question

My 2013 cadillac ats radio screen turned black, the ac controls still work but theres no light to illuminate the buttons .. I tried playing audio from my steering wheel but its no use there a music section but nothing in it .. I tried using on star and no reaction ..
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: On the cue
JA: Are you fixing your ATS-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well i tried thinking of turning the on off switch but theres no response ... So i thought maybe a reset but all the videos i see say it has a cue faceplate .. But my car doesnt have one its a small screen ..
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well the car was on and it was working fine and it just went off
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent checked to make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels this needs done.If one or more fuses are blown this can cause this type of fault here with the affected fuse needing replaced.If this was done or is done and all fuses are found to be o.k. then you may have a fault internally with the radio assembly itself.I have seen some of these fail before in the past needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete