Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2007 Cadillac Escalade 6.2 p1682 when you turn the key on

Customer Question

2007 Cadillac Escalade 6.2 p1682 when you turn the key on ignition 1 signal goes up very slow need help diagnosing this
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Scantool screen shot
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I still need help

Can you do these tests and let me know the results?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/1682.pdf

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What is b+ referring to? A constant 12v?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do I test the circuit through the relay pins or the corresponding fuse pins?

B+ is battery positive voltage.

These tests are on the relay.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where exactly do I need to put my test leads to see if I'm getting 6ohms or greater resistance?

Left me see if I can shown and explain it different. Use the diagram below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/reaytest.pdf

The ECM gets power from the powertrain relay on page 4 and power from the run crank relay on page 6. This code has set because with the key on the voltage to the ECM from these relays is not matching. Can you check the diagram and those wires and pins at the ECM?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
check c1 59 yellow wire and see if I'm getting 12v? And the same for c1 19 pink wire?

c1 59 yellow wire commands the relay on, farther down on the page check c1 47 pink.

The other wire is right.

Your not looking for voltage alone. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/ECMtest.png

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris