Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech

Randall, my friend has a 2006 SRX. The oil is getting used

Customer Question

Randall, my friend has a 2006 SRX. The oil is getting used up quickly. I suspect poor circulation and cooling. I replaced the thermal fan clutch and water pump in my van and it's now a happy camper. I want to do the same with her car. What do I need to do to get that fan clutch off?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Have a look at the enclosed steps for cooling fan removal in the link below and see if these are the steps your needing. Post back if you have more questions and or need more help and we can work from there..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What are the special tools I see mentioned on Web pages? Fan clutch wrench?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Your SRX dose not use a fan clutch assembly and the cooling fans are replaced as an assembly just as shown in the steps. There are no special tools requires.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a thermal clutch. It's a 2006. It has a fan coming off front of engine and has 2 electric fans in front.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Can you recheck the year please, Im not showing this type of fan on the 2006.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's a 2006. 2004-2007 had them.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Look at the V8 model.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Im going to open the post back up for you, my information is only showing the electric cooling fan.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Google 2006 cadillac srx thermal clutch
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you please get me in contact with Randall? He answered this question previously regarding the water pump but did not put fan removal info.