TODD RUZICKA
TODD RUZICKA,
Experience:  Service Consultant at Main Motor Chevrolet
95998009

I am a Toyota technician and we have a 2010 SRX in for a

Customer Question

Hi, I am a Toyota technician and we have a 2010 SRX in for a used vehicle we are selling. My issue is that the motorized radio display is not functioning properly. upon starting, the unit will raise only a inch or so, stop go back down and move up and down continuously. when placed in reverse, the back-up camera will show on what part of the screen you can see, then shut off and show the cadillac symbol.
JA: No. Was it good?
Customer: pardon?
JA: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: i believe factory back up camera, my issue is with the motorized nav. screen not coming up fully and moving erridically
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, i have not tried performing any tests on the unit itself. i am looking on the internet to see if cadillac had known issues with these. i do not know if this is something where the radio/ motorized nav. screen will need to be replaced.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  TODD RUZICKA replied 3 months ago.

Hi and than you or your question. The problem you are experiencing is the power screen itself. The most likely cause is the screen is binding. If you go to your local GM dealer, they can print you GM bulletin # 09287, DOC ID #2363093. If this repair does not fix the issue, the power lift screen assembly will need to be replaced. I hope this helped.

Expert:  TODD RUZICKA replied 2 months ago.

Did this help you repair the issue?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you.