Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience

2007 Cadillac ext p0496 hard time starting after I fill up

Customer Question

2007 Cadillac ext p0496 hard time starting after I fill up car
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

This DTC tests for undesired intake manifold vacuum flow to the evaporative emission (EVAP) system. The control module seals the EVAP system by commanding the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve OFF and the EVAP canister vent solenoid valve ON. The control module monitors the fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor to determine if a vacuum is being drawn on the EVAP system. If vacuum in the EVAP system is more than a predetermined value within a predetermined time, this DTC sets.

Most likely the canister purge valve but the test would have to be done to be sure.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this the one in rear of car or on engine
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

It is on the engine, near the intake manifold.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****