Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

I have an 08 escalade that when I first start it, the ac

Customer Question

I have an 08 escalade that when I first start it, the ac will switch to recirculating air an then when any gas is applied it switches to outside air n snowflake goes off an then switches back an forth from recirc to circulating! The whole time the snowflake is on an off not cooling well at all,after running for awhile an when out on highway or freeway works perfect the problem only happens at start up an running around town
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Great an pressures have been checked an ac is charged properly! The air compressor for air ride is out an my mechanic is waiting on part but ac checks out good
JA: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No certified GM mechanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what is described here this sounds like a possible fault with the heater/ac control unit on the dash itself.I have seen this unit fail in the past before needing replaced for issues similar to this here.What needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate the fault here.This has to be done with a compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete