Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2005 Cadillac STS will not start and I believe it has to

Customer Question

My 2005 Cadillac STS will not start and I believe it has to do with the anti-theft system from my hood latch.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am not sure how to verify if that is the issue.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i still need help.

Will the engine at least crank?

Is the theft light on or flashing with the key in the run position?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I had an accident with th front end with the car. The car was running fine until we took the hood off and replaced it. We had to pry the latch open. It has a newer hood and latch now but when you go to start it, it does not turn over at all. The dash just goes dark and then in about 15 secs, lights up in the on mode with out the car running. The anti theft symbol is then lit. I also have a new battery so we know the battery isn't bad.

With the information i have so far this looks to be related to the theft system causing the vehicle not to start.

Do you have a scan tool, so we can see which codes are stored?

Do you have a volt meter so we can do some tests?

Is this a key start or push button start car?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris