Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

What does the service stability systems light stay on is it

Customer Question

What does the service stability systems light stay on is it safe to drive
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No the car dealer never gave me no code every time I take the car back to service it he said its safe am afraid of that
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Cadillac Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: Cadillac STS 2006
JA: Are you fixing your STS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've took it back to the dealer 4 time I just phase it for a month and a half ago
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I will like to have a manual for this Cadillac STS to understand the car better
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.

ok so the stability system is a glorified abs system, it is the traction system that is in place to prevent sliding and skidding and loss of control . if i have the code that would be able to help me understand what the issue is with your car. but here is the description of how the systems work, it may seem like hieroglyphics :)

but its a description of how the systems work, the car is safe to drive without them, its an added safety to have them, there are thousands of cars on the road today with no systems like this in place so no worries, the only worry i have is that it should not take 4 trips to the dealer to find the issue i would get the service manager and gm customer service involved. i hope this helps,, Lou P.

Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again , Lou P.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 5 months ago.

Hello i noticed you started another question on this subject, please reply here so you dont waste your questions , you can drive with the light on for awhile as long as the engine is running good, there is no worry, just dont let it go too long or over time you can end up needing more repairs. i hope this helps, Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.