Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I bought a 2012 srx performance a month ago. 3 weeks ago,

Customer Question

I bought a 2012 srx performance a month ago. 3 weeks ago, the left lower bean went out & there was condensation in the headlight. I got the bulb replaced and it's out again today. Is this a common problem with this car?
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: No, I haven't checked the fuses. Would the replacement light have worked if the fuse is bad?
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I have a mechanic. I couldn't get the bulb out myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

This is not a common issue on this model.

The bulb would not work if the fuse was blown.

Did they address the condensation issue with the headlight assembly? Condensation buildup can result in bulb failure because the bulb is very hot and any water on it can cause the bulb to fail. Do you own a volt meter so we can confirm the bulb is getting power and ground?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There was no condesation in the headlight today. The condesation was visible when the 1st bulb stopped working 3 weeks ago. The headlight was clear today and has been clear since then, but the replacement bulb did not work tonight. Looking at Cadillac forums, there seems to be a recurring problem with condesation and/or blown bulbs on the 2012 SRX. The bulb is expensive and not easy to remove. Some people even say that the problem is so common that there should be a recall. Are you familiar with this issue?

I am familiar with the condensation concern, but there are no messages from Cadillac on repeat bulb failure without condensation. If you can do some diag I can help you figure this out.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris