sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I had a local garage change brakes on my Cadillac CTS 2012.

Customer Question

Hi I had a local garage change brakes on my Cadillac CTS 2012. Couple of days after he change them I get a service brake assist warning service stable Trac warning and a service traction control warning my ABS light is on. Is this something I have to get fixed at a dealer?
JA: Has the light been on for some time?
Customer: Yes it's been over a month now the person who put the lights on said it would probably fix itself after 3 days but that didn't happen
JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No he said he would fix it but he has to buy some tools I think he said
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing major the car has about 55,000 miles on it everything else is great
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that will turn these warning lights on. They have come on because the ABS module has seen a failure in a system component and set a fault code. You could have a bad steering angle sensor, yaw sensor, wheel speed sensor, a wiring issue, it could be the ABS module itself, the hydraulic control unit or pump motor.

You wouldn't necessarily need a dealer to repair it but it's going to require someone with the personal capability to diagnose and repair it along with a scan tool capable of communication with the ABS module. The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting in the ABS module.