Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 2011 Cadillac SRX. Acceleration is slow with a

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Cadillac SRX. Acceleration is slow with a rough sound. Idle sounds rough. I did have a check engine light come on months ago. Had diagnostic check done at AutoZone. Read out was catalytic converter. Brought to Cadillac dealership for diagnostic check and was told they couldn't find anything. Now no check engine light and problems as mentioned.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: It's totally off. It's been off since I brought it to Cadillac dealership. I have 83,000 miles on it.
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No bringing it to dealership for oil changes and maintenance. Have appt scheduled next week. I was just wondering what could be causing problem since I'm not getting any indicator lights.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 9 months ago.

Autozone likely cleared the code so the dealer couldn't see it. If you drive it or a while it should return, to test or a plugged cat you need a vaccum/pressure gauge, you connect where the front oxygen sensor goes in, a lot of tool companies make an adapter.