My On-Star diagnostic says that it might be an emissions

Customer Question

My On-Star diagnostic says that it might be an emissions issue...I know right after I fill my tank w/ gas, it begins to shake before it completely starts up
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: vehicle is still pretty good on gas, but I did notice one time my gas cap seemed broken, but that doesn't explain the shaking right after I put gas in it after a few shakes, it drives normally
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2010 SRX
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything, just started to investigate and see if it's a simple fix or if I need to go to the dealer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is almost always caused by a bad emmissions charcoal cannister, when they go bad, ful entrs the cannister when filling up, and causes it to run rich for a few seconds when starting, it is easy to check, are you planning to fix this your self?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to get an estimate as to how much a NY mechanic might charge to fix this? Is this major work?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 month ago.

the charcoal cannister is about 160 dollars, and the labor to install is about 80 dollars, its not very expensive,Tim

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, then I will bring to a mechanic, thank you!!
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 month ago.

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 month ago.

Is there a reason you wont rate me???