Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., ASE Master Technician
Experience:  20 years of experience on both import and domestic vehicles
17920890

I have no power at all. No lights come on and my key is now

Customer Question

I have no power at all. No lights come on and my key is now stuck in the ignition. It's a 2009 cadillac cts
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: This is the first time it has happened. I've had it since October
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to know what's wrong so I can have an estimate on how much it will cost. I have hooked up jumper cables and tried to let the battery charge but nothing happened. It sparked when connecting but that was it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: My friend juggled the metal prong to the fuse box and it shocked him, but other than that the car is doing nothing.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.Did your friend do that with the jumper cables hooked up?
Most likely your battery has a shorted cell. I would start with removing it and getting it tested. If that's not it and all your fuses are good then most likely your ign. Switch is bad.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.
If I have been helpful, please rate my advice positively, it's the only way I get compensated. And it doesn't cost you anything more to do so.Thanks