Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

1993 allante, cannot turn off, ignition switch just spins.

Customer Question

1993 allante, cannot turn off, ignition switch just spins. How big a job to replace??
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the key just spins abnormally this is usually a fault with the key cylinder itself with it needing replaced.I have seen these come apart in some cases as well as fail internally.The cylinder will need replaced and this can run around $200 to $250 parts and labor in some cases.If you want info on how to replace it let me know and I will see what I can locate.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete