Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

2009 cadillac escalade hybrid wont turn over after replacing

Customer Question

2009 cadillac escalade hybrid wont turn over after replacing engine, no codes , i used my tech 2 to clear all codes that came up. 12 volt battery charged to 13.6, hybrid battery charged to 91% soc, what should i look for that would keep hybrid transmission from turning over engine. any ideas if there is a way to enable system
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Chevy Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Does the engine spark at all? Is there a trouble code or is your "check engine light" on?
Customer: engine will not crank with hybrid transmission for some reason, dealer may have disabled something, not sure where to look on tech 2
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i want to fix myself, i am pretty mechanic savy but not with this hybrid
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: all codes are clear after repalcing 6.0 engine except for crankshaft position sensor which is not learned yet because it will not crank
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you havent checked for any loose or disconnected wiring or connections on your model this needs done.If a fault is found with any loose or damaged connections this will need resolved to correct this issue here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Your welcome.Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.If you would like I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete