Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

I have a 2009 SRX. When you accelerate from a full stop the

Customer Question

I have a 2009 SRX. When you accelerate from a full stop the traction control light comes on for a few seconds and there is a grinding sound from the wheels.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: the noise sounds likes something with the brakes. This started within the last week. However the light has come on when we would go over speed bumps.
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Will attempt to.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jared D replied 2 months ago.

It sounds like your anti lock brake system is activating and causing that grinding noise. When the ABS activates when it shouldn't it sounds like a grumbling and a motor running type noise as the motor kicks on and off while trying to figure out if there is a loss of traction. This is probably happening because of either a bad ABS controller or a faulty speed sensor that is telling the ABS computer that the vehicle is sliding and it needs to activate the traction system. Do you have a scan tool to check to see if the computer is logging which speed sensor might be acting up?

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Good morning,

I just wanted to check and see if you need additional help with this.