Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Service brake assist came on stereo and then 10 seconds

Customer Question

Service brake assist came on stereo and then 10 seconds later the car just died, can't get it started
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: No, which fuse ?
JA: What is the model of your '10 Cadillac?
Customer: 07 CTS
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I will bring into a shop, new in town and trying to find a ball park of what could be wrong
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's all I know, However the car did need new brake pads, but I don't know why car just died has a new battery
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Even though it has a new battery there is a chance the new battery is faulty needing or that the battery cables are loose or corroded.I would have the alternator and battery tested/checked to see if any are at fault here.LOw voltage will cause the service brake assist as well as a stall out.If these are or were checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete