rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have 2001 Deville, with serivce security warning. At times

Customer Question

Hi, I have 2001 Deville, with serivce security warning. At times car will not start in Park but when move to neutral will start. Drive along and will die out but will start again. I have replace ignition switch because it couldn't turn key. Is it the key (VAT) or Decoder Module or theft Module or does it need to be reprogramed? HELP PLS
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Yes it has a steering wheel lock feature. But won't start in Park sometimes then put into neutral, is that the starting stwich at the transmission?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The only thing I have done is remove the colum covering and replace the ignition lock which was bad. but the securty issue makes this car a maybe to drive
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: If the car sets for a day because I don't feel like taking the chance of getting stuck, the dash at times will be clear of alerts but then the security warning comes on. But that need to start in nneutral and at times the digital reading in dash will flicker but every once and awhile
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.

Okay, I attached a doc for you to check out and try all that you can for the security system.

Thanks, Ron