Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

My interior lights are pulsating and my map lights won't

Customer Question

My interior lights are pulsating and my map lights won't come on neither will my trunk light period. They will come on if I open up the door but not if I close the door and press the interior light map buttons
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 2009 cts
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Possibly if I can I've done nothing so far.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No that's about it
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The pulsation can be caused by an alternator failing causing a voltage surge or loose or corroded battery cables.I would check into this first to see if any of these are an issue needing repaired or replaced.Once this is done let me know if any of the faults here are still present.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete