Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

I have an 01 DTS that is now blowing fuse #34 for Ignition r

Customer Question

i have an 01 DTS that is now blowing fuse #34 for Ignition r 3 Rear and car wont come out of park sometine
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: yes its a red red mini fuse and sometimes is okay for a while and other times doesn;
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i' m looking for suggestions or a wiring diagram. not sure if it blows while driving or while trying to shift from park. the car runs fine. the relays in the BEC seem very hot. not sure if only the park release solenoid is on this fuse or if other things like auto door locks and such may play a role in the blown fuse. the car had an issue from brand new that was a pinched wire and no problems for 115k mikes...i know broke the manual override mechanical button in the console, even when fuse is blown car runs well.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Below is the diagram you are requesting.This fuse powers several components including the transmission shift lock which is why it will not come out of park sometimes.You will have to get it to short out with fuses on hand and unplug each component in the diagram below one at a time until you come across the one component that doesnt cause it to short out.This will be the component that needs replaced to correct this here.You would also need to inspect the wiring from the fuse to these components to locate any shorted or damaged wiring needing repaired or replaced causing this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete