Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics

How do I replace the oil pressure sensor on 2007 Cadillac

Customer Question

how do I replace the oil pressure sensor on 2007 Cadillac dts and where is it
JA: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?
Customer: the Cadillac dealer ran a oil pressure check and said it needed a oil pressure sensor
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to fix it my self but don't know if I can or not
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I haven't tried anything
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning! Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

The oil pressure sensor is mounted to the oil filter adapter, just above the oil filter itself. You will need access to the underside of the vehicle. On some models, the adapter will need to be removed to gain clear access to the sensor. I've wrapped up the procedures you will need into a PDF file. Download the PDF file here:

If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for answering your question. Please do the right thing and rate or accept!
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Did you have any other questions? Was there something I missed that you wanted addressed? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.