Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Stadfing key removed disabled.. Cadillac cts 2003 runs for a

Customer Question

Stadfing key removed disabled.. Cadillac cts 2003 runs for a few mins then shuts off
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was thinking it would be a sensor from what i read online is a part number
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It runs the navigation screen shows starting key removed disabled then shuts the engine then i turn it back on and then a cew mins by same thing
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Im anxious to know if i could fix it myself. When i took it to a shop they told me it could be the craftsensor and cranf. When i took it to autozone it came back with a code of oxygen sensor.. Bank one number 2 something lime this..
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was told 8 mins .. Need an answer please
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This issue here can be caused by a fault with the key itself not being recognized anymore by the vehicle.This causes this message and issue here.If you have another key try it and see if it then operates properly with no messages then.If you do not have another key to try this will need tested further and is usually best done by a dealer as it sounds like the other facilities are guessing at the fault here.This sounds like the key itself may need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete